Edward Stanton wanted to establish a monument to his deceased wife, Margaret MacDonald Stanton, the first Dean of Women, so all students and friends of Iowa State would remember her. He decided to purchase and have installed a chime of 10 bells, each with an inscription, in a detached tower on Central Campus. Construction began in 1897 and was completed in 1898. The final cost was $6,510.20 and the Campanile stood 110 feet tall and its main shaft was 16 feet square. Additional bells have been added over the years, and in 1967, a 50th bell was added.
This high quality, signed print is from a charcoal and graphite. The image size is 7 ½” x 10 ½”. Conservation mat available. When matted, it is suitable for a standard 11” x 14” frame (not included.)
Please check the disclaimer checkbox to add this item to the cart.